COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Ritech collects information to provide better services to its users and to better understand visitor traffic to its websites and what content is of interest. Ritech collects information in the following ways:
- Information you affirmatively choose to submit to us (such as your name, email address, company name, title, country) for the purpose of accessing various downloads, viewing specific content, subscribing to Ritech newsletters, registering for events and your preferences in receiving marketing material from Ritech, and its third party partners, and your communication preferences, etc. Information we have obtained about you from publicly available sources such as social media, marketing platforms or on events, you attended. You will receive marketing communications from Ritech if you have requested information from Ritech or you or your employer has purchased services from Ritech;
- Information Ritech receives from your use of Ritech websites, such as the IP address, browser type, your ISP, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, domain name and country/state of all visitors to Ritech’s websites;
- Location information when you use Ritech’s websites as Ritech may collect and process information about your location. Ritech use various technologies and tools to determine location;
- Information that is considered aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data which Ritech may use for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal information in law as it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity, unless Ritech combines or connects aggregated data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you; and
- Ritech collects technical data from various third parties and public sources as, such as:
- analytics providers
- advertising networks
- search information providers
Other than as required by law, Ritech websites do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Ritech will not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. Ritech will only use yourpersonal information for the purposes for which it was collected, unless it reasonably considers that it needs to use it for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose. If Ritech needs to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, Ritech will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows Ritech to do so.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Ritech may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To its group companies, professional advisers, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to Ritech (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of Ritech websites), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in Privacy Notices or notified to you when Ritech collects your personal information. A list of Ritech’s current group companies isavailable upon request.
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where Ritech believes disclosure is necessary (a) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (b) to exercise, establish or defend its legal rights, or (c) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
If your personal information is protected by EU data protection law, Ritech’s legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which Ritech collects it. However, Ritech will normally collect personal information from you only (a) where it needs the personal information to perform a contract with you, (b) where the processing is in its legitimate interests and is not overridden by your rights, or (c) where it has your consent to do so. In some cases, Ritech may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which Ritech collects and uses your personal information, please contact Ritech using the contact details provided under the “Contact Details”heading below and in the right-hand side column.
USE OF INFORMATION
Ritech processes information on servers in many countries around the world and you consent to your personal information being processed on a server located outside the country in which you reside. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective). However, Ritech has taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain
Ritech protects your personal information in the same way that it protects itsother confidential information, such as storing it on secure servers that only select Ritech personnel have access to, and by encrypting it to help prevent access by any unauthorized parties. Ritech has put in place procedures to deal with any personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach when legally required to do so.
As explained above, Ritech will collect and use your personal data for marketing purposes. Your data will be stored in our Contact & Customer Relationship Management system. We will use your data to inform you about Ritech products and services we think may be of your interest and sending you our newsletters. For statistical purposes, we will collect information about your response to our emails and our interaction with you to make decisions on future marketing.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
If your personal information is protected by EU data protection law, you havethe following data protection rights which you may be able to exercise by contacting Ritech using the contact details provided under the “Contact Details” heading below and in the right-hand side column:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting Ritech.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask Ritech to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information by contacting Ritech.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications that Ritech sends you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails Ritech sends you or by using the relevant opt-out mechanism for non-email based marketing.
- Similarly, if Ritech has collected and processes your personal information based on your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing Ritech conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about Ritech’s collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, Ritech may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Ritech tries to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, Ritech will notify you and keep you updated.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
Ritech Group of Companies